Thursday, January 13, 2011

I tried...

Well, I made it a full 10 days of my "365" blog before missing a beat. Sure, I can come up with lots of reasons why I went missing on Tuesday and Wednesday, but the truth is I just didn't make the time. I had moments where I was going to post something for the day, but I was out of my usual rhythm. I was in Lawrence, Kansas the past two days for work. 

This is what I dislike about traveling for work:
  • I miss Bailey. 
  • I eat too much. 
  • I never make the effort to work out. 
  • I stay up too late at night catching up on my "normal" work because the day was filled doing "other" work that was related to the business travel. 
  • I dislike crowded airports, crowded airplanes, and small airplane seats. 
Fortunately, for this trip, at least, I didn't have to contend with the air travel issues because you can't really fly from Iowa City to Lawrence. So, instead, you endure a 10+ hour round trip to get there and back. Today was not bad, but when we left on Tuesday it was a little dicey until we got to Missouri. 
I wish I could have clicked my heals and said "There's no place like home" and then -- poof -- not been in Kansas anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Selfishly Think You Had a Bad Day

I was feeling sorry for myself as I sat in the Admiral's Lounge, waiting for my flight home. It was a stressful week at work. I logged 7...