Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

A great 49th birthday! Pearl's pancakes for breakfast. Multiple naps. Martinis and dinner with my breakfast crew. 


In lieu of a birthday cake, Katie and I split the Oreo cheesecake. 


We also set our social calendar for the year. Lots of fun on the horizon: Madison, Chicago, Vegas, California, Vermont! I think it is going to be a good year. 

These lyrics have been on my mind the past few days, from the musical "Rent"
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year? 
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. 
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. 
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?

So, there it is...in 525,600 minutes I will be FIFTY years old. Wow...that is just weird to me. I used to think 50 year old people were REALLY old. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Selfishly Think You Had a Bad Day

I was feeling sorry for myself as I sat in the Admiral's Lounge, waiting for my flight home. It was a stressful week at work. I logged 7...