Monday, January 10, 2011

Have We Turned a Corner?

As I left for work this morning at 6:45 a.m., I tried to convince myself that it was imperceptibly lighter than it had been at this same time on Friday. I could see the rays of sunlight edging slightly over the eastern horizon. I googled for the exact sunrise times for Friday and today. Well, that was disappointing, there was like 1 second difference. But, hey, I said it was imperceptible, didn't I?

In case anyone besides me is interested in this useless trivia, in one month we will have 56 more minutes of daylight, and in six months we will 5 hours and 43 minutes more daylight than we did today. Hello July! I'll be ready for one of my favorite pastimes...cruising on the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Selfishly Think You Had a Bad Day

I was feeling sorry for myself as I sat in the Admiral's Lounge, waiting for my flight home. It was a stressful week at work. I logged 7...