Today I ran for 5 minutes. Seriously. That was an accomplishment for me. A couple of years ago, when I sort of trained for that 5K, was the last time I did any significant running. So, the 5 minutes today interspersed with my usual 5K walk on the treadmill felt good and exhausting at the same time.
It's only been a week, but with a few more yoga workouts than normal and some targeted stretching and resistance training. I feel better already. Now that I think about it, maybe I feel better thanks to that root canal last Thursday! You get so used to a dull pain that your forget what it's like not to have it.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm Wondering How I Got Here...
I never considered myself a girlie girl. I never wore pink as a child...or really even as an adult. I probably played "house" a ha...
-
I just returned from my first trip to Paris. Overall, it was a lovely trip that was jam-packed with fun and adventure despite the rainy weat...
-
On my way home from work tonight, there was a story on NPR about a speech Robert F. Kennedy made in South Africa in 1966. A new documentary,...
-
One obvious sign of my aging over the past years occurs every summer when I make that first foray into the river to see if I can still water...
Nice work Carol! Running really is a mental challenge, once you realize you can do it, and get the breathing down, your endurance will climb!
ReplyDelete