Tuesday, February 18, 2014

142 Day Fitness Challenge - Day 1

Well, let me tell you, for Day 1 of my 142 Day Fitness Challenge, I am feeling pretty damn inspired. Here is the rundown of my day: 

  • Up at 5 am for a quick walk with the dogs. 
  • Off to the gym for a brisk 3.5 mile walk on the treadmill, while rocking out to John Mellencamp and reading "The Husband's Secret." (A nice little chick-lit set in Australia...so it reminds me of the buckaroos.) 
  • Intake of food for the day -- decent. Breakfast: coffee with fat free creamer, Greek yogurt, and a string cheese. Lunch: Glass of dark chocolate almond milk and an apple with peanut butter. Dinner a big "clean out the refrigerator" salad plus 2 small squares of dark chocolate with sea salt. 
  • Brisk 1.5 mile walk with the dogs after work to enjoy the 50+ degree temps and sunshine. (Downside: Their paws and bellies were very sloppy by the time we got home.)
  • De-stressed with 40 minutes of yoga. 
  • Got inspired by Sharon Stone. Yes -- that Sharon Stone. I saw an interview with her on Entertainment Tonight (whilst eating my big salad), and she is on the cover of the March issue of Shape magazine. Check it out. She is 55 and looks amazing. 50s_are_fabulous.
  • Got inspired again watching Snowboard Cross on the Olympics. Man that looks like fun. I have no intentions of learning snowboarding, but at least I want to continuing skiing into my dotage. 
As promised yesterday, I'm posting a couple of "before" photos. At first I was going to take pics in something more form-fitting. But, my end goal isn't to be totally ripped. I want to look good in my clothes and feel good. So, I opted for a summer outfit that I would likely wear while on vacation. 



Disregard the messy hair. I am in need of a haircut, and this was shortly after finishing yoga. Oof..that side view gets me every time. The camera doesn't lie. 

Here's a photo of my big salad, which was a conglomeration of lettuce, cooked carrots, cooked Yukon Gold potatoes, grape tomatoes, zucchini, jalapenos, avocado, roast beef, and blue cheese dressing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Selfishly Think You Had a Bad Day

I was feeling sorry for myself as I sat in the Admiral's Lounge, waiting for my flight home. It was a stressful week at work. I logged 7...