Monday, February 17, 2014

My 142 Day Fitness Challenge - Day 0

I am throwing down the gauntlet to myself, along with some potential public shaming. I realized today that my summer vacation and the first of three nephew weddings occur in 142 days and counting.

The thought of being the fat American at the British Open or the fat aunt at the destination wedding in Colorado is not appealing.

That gives me about 20 weeks to lose about 100 pounds and get fit enough to run a 5K. Ok, I am not aiming quite that high, but you get the point. 2013 was not kind to my body for a whole lot of reasons. This dreadful winter is not helping, either.

I will report progress regularly. Wish me luck people. At the very least, I need to fit in my summer clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Selfishly Think You Had a Bad Day

I was feeling sorry for myself as I sat in the Admiral's Lounge, waiting for my flight home. It was a stressful week at work. I logged 7...