Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I do love me a Sunday with nothing to do. I've been on the move the past three weekends. Today, I anticipated my Sunday with no plans like a kid on Christmas Eve. I moved from the bed to the couch at around 8 a.m. and lounged there until about 10:30. I was moving in and out of consciousness at that point. You know that "oh my God, somebody drugged me, I can't move feeling..." That's where I was.

So, I forced myself off the couch and went to the gym. I'm on Week 2 of my "Couch to 5K" program and needed to get one more workout in this week to keep pace with the program. I still dislike running, and I dislike running on the track even more. But, I haven't thrown in the towel yet. Still working toward that 5K in October. Good thing that's still three full months away. I don't feel like my progress is very good at this juncture. Then, for the first time in years, I got in the pool for some lap swimming. What a feeling....refreshing, peaceful, easy on the body.

Back home....back on the couch. Wow....I think the lap swimming zapped all remaining energy. Christ I'm tired. Another two hour nap. I've been glued to the TV all afternoon, too, taking full advantage of the free HBO/Cinemax weekend compliments of Mediacom. Of course, mostly what I've watched are movies I've seen 25 times. Still love "Waiting to Exhale" with pre-crackhead Whitney Houston. Now, Ocean's 11, with a really stellar cast including Don Cheadle!!

Six more hours before I'll think about going to bed. Most of that time will be spent right here on the couch. I guess this is pretty much what Bailey's day is like. Damn, she's lucky.

The only thing better than a Sunday with no plans is a three-day weekend with no plans! Bring on next weekend and the Independence Day holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When You Selfishly Think You Had a Bad Day

I was feeling sorry for myself as I sat in the Admiral's Lounge, waiting for my flight home. It was a stressful week at work. I logged 7...